Wednesday, March 5, 2014

One Week To Go

"THE UNIT"
Hi family! I'm warning you right now, I'm not emailing next Tuesday.  We wake up early Tuesday morning and go to our missions.  So mom, please don't text my trainer asking if I'm alive hahaha.  Ok, so I realized I haven't told you anything about my teachers or district or anything.  My old teachers were Hermanas Loa and Dio. We have a morning teacher and a night teacher. They were awesome and I loved them so much. In my new district in the morning is Hermanono Dav and at night is Hermanono Val.   They are the greatest. Dav is 24 and is going to be engaged this week (hopefully) and Val is 22 and got married like a month ago. They are hilarious. 


Last Wednesday we got new roommates.  One is from Australia and the other is from Utah who happens to be McCall Savages best friend!! Seriously a small world. I love hna Gledhill so much, she reminds me of "the unit"  (The group of 5 girls in Hawaii that Savanna was best friends with-see picture above). 


Thursday, hahaha oh my gosh, ok, so the Peru epidemic is still going on. It's been going strong for a week and a half.  So I leave class to use the restroom and of course I was 1 of the 4 lucky missionaries to give a  "sample".  Out of all 50 sick missionaries here, I got chosen.  Anyway that was disgusting and it's currently at the labs right now so we'll see whats wrong with all of us in a couple of days. Everyone is freaking out wondering why we are so sick and the area 70 wrote a letter to the first presidency so hopefully we'll figure out why its not getting better.  


On Friday hno Dav came in a told us he stalked all of our Facebooks awesome... (remember that before you post anything!).  Sunday was fast Sunday and for lunch we had this super gross meat.  We looked it up in the dictionary and it directly translated to beast stew and I wanted to barf.  Maybe that's what's making us sick. Sunday night we had a fireside and usually someone translates it for us but this time I decided to not use the headphones. Let me tell you, the gift of interpretation and tongues is so real! I understood so much. I probably understood like 40 percent of the words but like 70 percent of the message. It doesn't seem like a lot, but it is for me.  To be able to sit in a room with Latinos and be able to understand most of the talk is seriously amazing for me! 


Yesterday was totally the best day ever. We were all just so happy and we are all getting so excited to leave the ccm. We had a service project and we used the hose and sprayed off all the umbrellas that cover all the picnic tables outside. It was so much fun. I was rinsing out my rag and "accidentally" sprayed myself with the hose. It was awesome. I was so tempted to go jump in the fountain but I refrained. The worker helping us is actually from Lima Sur as are most teachers and people who work at the ccm, so that's cool! He showed me tons of pictures and the beach and the flowers and its beautiful!!  I'm seriously so excited! We went to the temple this morning and it was as amazing as always. That was my last time going for a while so that was kinda sad. The temple is like my favorite place.  There have been 3 earthquakes this week. We'll be sitting in class and it will shake for a second and we will all yell "EARTHQUAKE" for dramatic effect and then it will be over.


I start the real mission field in exactly a week. I'm so scared, but so excited. It's gonna be a hard few months but I know that if I rely on the Lord and put all my trust in him I can get through it. This week has been so so good because I literally have put all my trust in the Lord. I see little miracles every single day that strengthen my testimony so much. I know I'm here for a reason.  I'm so blessed that the Lord picked me to serve a mission. I love you guys so much! I hope everyone is doing well. I love you guys and think about you everyday!! Talk to you in two months! Oh, and since I can't email next week, HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY DAD! I love you!  Hermana Rush Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment