Sunday, August 31, 2014

Goodbye Ayacucho

Welp. I don’t even know where to start this email. I have so much to say and so little time and so many pictures to send. So i’ll just tell you right now. I’m currently in Mala, Peru, an hour in between Lima and Canete. But we are in the Canete zone. Best news of all....I CAN SEE THE OCEAN FROM MY HOUSE! It’s so pretty here and actually reminds me a lot of the DR but its soooo poor. Like so poor. So anyway, I’ll start from last week. Last Tuesday we found this new family of like 10 people and they are really great. They are super poor and live in a straight adobe house and the mom is a mamita. Anyway, they are really humble people and the lessons go a little slow but I know they are going to progress. In the middle of Lesson 1 the mamita starts unbuttoning her husbands shirt and I was like.....oh no oh no oh no what is she doing!!!! Turns out she was just showing us his bullet wounds on his chest. Apparently it was a miracle he lived.

Friday the elders in our ward had a couple get married and so K. asked us to come help her do I's hair for the wedding. Let me just tell you I know how to do  latina wedding hair. I should probably start a business. Anyway, it was really fun and the wedding was so cute. K's daughter Y. is sooooo funny. like so funny. All her friends were at her house while we were doing I's hair and she brought them all into the room and was like, "girls, I present to you my favorite missionary, hna Rush. Now everyone get in a line and give her a hug.”  So they all lined up and all gave me hugs and I was like, “what's going on?”

Saturday was the baptism of F. Ahhh, it was so great.  Seriously, I love this work. Nothing makes me happier than seeing someone’s face after they are baptized. Saturday night was cambio calls and packing. ughhhh. Anyway, ya I’m in Mala in a trio!! They say that if you can survive a trio you can survive anything. My comps are hna Zarate from Chile who is the hna leader of all hna leaders and like literally I’m not even kidding is the best hna in the mission. She’s amazing and the other is hna Alvarez . Anyway, I’m really excited to work with them and I’m already learning soooo much!
Latino Wedding Hair Dresser Extroadinaire
 Sunday I had to say good-bye to everyone and I really didn’t think I was going to cry just because I just don’t cry, If you don't remember.





The Mamitas



But I bawled. So much. It was so sad but I couldn't have spent anymore time in ayacucho and I know I’m here in Mala for a reason. Also Sunday there was an earthquake!  At first I thought something was wrong with me and that I was going to faint.  Then I realized that everyone else was shaking too.  It wasn't that big though (7.0!)  and everyone is fine.  Anyway, I love you all. See you in 11 months! happy 7 months almost to me! love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment