Monday, August 11, 2014

Presidential Visit

Hi everyone! So I'm trying to think of what happened this week and I can't really remember and I'm just really distracted by the two 15 year old girls sitting on the computer next to me looking at pregnanyinformation.net...Peru is just so.......it's just apostacia here but that's ok because we are trying to change Peru one person at a time. Anyway, we are having a really, really, really hard time finding new investigators. Its been a running problem for like 3 weeks now and it's just really hard. But we do have some really great investigators right now. One is K! She is R's sister in law and I just love her so so so much! At first we went and taught her because R. was making her listen to us but like after the 2nd lesson she really really opened up and she is just the best. She's so funny, the other night she called and usually we can't have lessons with her on weekday nights because she has classes but apparently she got done early and she calls and was like, "will you guys come over and teach me??"  Oh man, I love her. She got married like 3 weeks ago to R's brother and is 7 months pregnant and is just hilarious. She always wears overalls and I just feel like it's such a flash back to the 90s. Love It!  Yesterday she told
R. she couldn't come to church because she has been sick but then like right as Sunday school started she ran in and was like, "I'm so sorry I'm late, perdon!!!"  So she's getting baptized the 30 of Agosto and we are so excited! 

Friday president came and it was amazing. I learned so so so much.  Like I wish all of you could have been there for that training because it was amazing.  He talked all about the atonement and I am just so amazed at how much I didn't know. Usually during training's we have to do practices in front of everyone in the zone and president and it's so scary but Friday we didn't do any and right at the end I was like, phewww dogged that bullet and right then president comes up and was like, "hna Bailey and hna Rush I have 2 hours this afternoon and I wanna come teach with you guys." AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. what?  no no no no no no no no no no. We were dying. So we went and picked president up from the stake center at four to come teach with us and I was pretty sure I was gonna barf I was so nervous! We went and taught R's family and it actually wasn't that bad. It was actually really awesome and I learned so much from just watching him contact in the taxi. He's amazing. 

Anyway, Saturday and Sunday hna Bailey was sick and it's just really sad. I feel so bad. In the ccm I thought the reason I was on the mission was to get picked last for sports during exercise time to make everyone feel good. And now I think I'm on the mission to take care of sick companions. hahaha.  (I think she forgot about her first companion that had to endure a 10 hour bus ride to take Savanna to the ER in Lima)  Anyway, all is super well here except that I have transfers in 2 weeks and I'm really nervous. President said to me on Friday, "hna Rush, your time left here in Ayacucho is short".....nooooo!  It's going to be so sad to leave but I do feel like 6 months in an area is plenty. Anyway, I love you all and see you in 11 fast Sundays!   

No comments:

Post a Comment