Monday, October 6, 2014

I Can Do Hard Things!

This past week, hmmm.  I don't know where to start. Ok ya, so we have a zone meeting and it was amazing. The leaders went to a training and then they came back and taught it to us. Basically the gist of what Hermana Douglas talked about was, "I do hard things," and I think that's my quote for this transfer because this companionship is not easy and I don't think it ever will be but that's okay because I do hard things and the Lord is helping me every step of the way.
So Saturday V. and K. didn't get baptized. It was so sad. We found out last minute that her husband was really mad at her and not talking to her so we had to call it off.  I know she will get baptized but maybe not while I'm here in Mala. And that's ok. Saturday we were walking to visit this abuelita J. that we are rescuing and her husband was walking up the hill towards us. Her husband is kinda scary and isn't a member but he started yelling at us and was completely drunk out of his mind. Turns out he just wanted to tell me how much he loves me and he started chasing me trying to kiss me. Hahahaha. He almost caught me.  Also, all the politicians were walking around handing things out because Sunday was elections. So we were leaving our house and I was wearing a skirt that hna zarate gave me which was a little big and right as we walked out the door the pin broke and right then one of the candidates walked by with his camera guy taking pictures and of course since I'm white he had to come take pictures and my skirt was like falling off. It was just a series of unfortunate events.  
Saturday night we had cambio calls and we didn't have cambios (transfers)...sigh. But that's ok because I do hard things. Sunday we didn't have church because of elections and absolutely nobody was home so we spent all of Sunday just walking around. Saturday, Sunday and Monday actually. So much walking and not a lot of teaching. But that's ok because I do hard things and I'm just a servant of the Lord trying to do His will.
Anyway, we have found some really chosen and ready people. D. and J. are the best! They don't have a baptism date because they aren't married but we are working so hard with them and they have such a desire to be baptized.  M.J., we found her yesterday, and she is so prepared! Literally a gift from God. She just understood everything so fast and we are so excited to work with her too. We have so many investigators right now that are all so prepared for this gospel and we are working so hard with them. The only problem is that almost all of them live with their spouse but they aren't married. Just like all of Peru. Anyway, I love you all so much. Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment