Monday, February 23, 2015

Don't Come Down Off The Mountain

Hola everyone

Happy Last Week of Febrero!

I'm seriously not sure how it went by so fast. 
I think in the mission we are on heaven time because seriously the hours and days and weeks and transfers just fly by. 

Last Monday we were at the grocery store and I see the zone leaders from the end of the aisle with such big smiles on their faces walking super fast towards me and hna bailey and I was like, what the heck is going on. So they get to us and one is speaking in Spanish and the other in English (with a weird accent because he is from England) so I did not understand what was going on and then finally I got it that my Trunky Letter came.....which is just the letter you get when you have less than six months left and they tell you your date and ask what airport you want to fly into and I was just like............bleh! dumb elders think it's so funny when trunky letters come. 

This Saturday is F's baptism!!! wohooo. We are so excited and he is so ready. So just pray for him that nothing weird happens this last week so everyone is good for his baptism. 

On the other hand, Z told us this week that she wants to follow her old fecha which was the 21st of March and we were just SO sad. But then we had a lesson and we spent almost an hour asking inspired and really direct questions and finally we found out that she has a boyfriend. ughhh. So we are working with her on that because she says she doesn't want a future with him and I'm just like, "I'll break up with him for you."   But she said no. So we will see how it goes. 

Anyway, I feel like I report about the same people every single week and I'm so sorry my letters are so boring. We are just out here in San Juan trying to find people to teach. Actually this week we found a new family. C and M and their 2 little daughters who are SO cute. Anyway, they are really interested so pray for them please. 

I was reading in Alma 47 today about Lahonti who wouldn't come down from the mountain after Amalackiah had asked him 3 times to come down. So after 3 times, Amalackiah, being subtle in his cunning ways, went up the mountain a little and then asked him to come down again with his guards. So Lahonti, being dumb, went down from the mountain a little bit and then in the end Amalackiah kills Lahonti. Moral of the story-don't let other people bring us down. Don't ever come down from the mountain. We can't ever lower our standards or our expectations or justify breaking commandments. 

Mateo 5:16 Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify our Father which is in heaven. 

I think that's how it goes. 

Let your light shine so others can come unto Christ. 

I love you all! 
Hermana Rush

No comments:

Post a Comment