Monday, March 30, 2015

Happy General Conference Week

Hola hola familia. 

Happy General Conference Week. 

Happy April. 

Happy summer is almost over in Peru. 

and Happy 14 months to me!!! 
(where did the 14 months go?? dying/crying. Time goes by 
too fast) 

So anyway, I don't know if I told you but I'm here in Chorrillos Lima and my comp is Hermana Jimenez. We have to same time in the mission. Also I took Hermana Turley's (cousin's cousin) spot here and so everyone we visit asks where Hna Turley went (clearly she was well loved here). We lived with 2 other hermanas but they finally found a house in their area and moved out...which was kinda sad. Nothing like living with 3 latinas, it was a party. 

Our area is all military housing and just apartments and apartments of military families. I like it because it's just families everywhere and everyone is married because you have to be married if you are in the military you can't just live with your pareja (like the rest of this country). 

The other day we contacted this man in the street and he took us into his house to teach his daughter who was in a wheelchair. And we look at the wheelchair and on the back is says La Iglesia de JesuCrist de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias!! The church donates wheelchairs to the military. That was a good introduction to the church for them. 

This week we contacted more people in one week than my entire mission I'm pretty sure and guess what??? This week I have gotten rejected more times than in my entire mission I'm pretty sure. But you know what? It's okay because at least I did my part and no one can say that we didn't try. 

Yesterday we were walking and I saw this lady that just looked really scary and really mean and of course I knew I had to contact her so I did and she ended up being the nicest lady ever and we are visiting her this week. Moral of the story. Don't judge a book by its cover and ALWAYS FOLLOW THE SPIRIT. 

Well, a lot of great things are happening here in this area. We are working hard. LOVE YOU ALL!
Hermana Rush
 

No comments:

Post a Comment